Important Tax Refund Information
Lots of people have questions about when they should get their tax returns. Generally speaking, the IRS should have your check sent to you within six to eight weeks of filing a paper return. If you choose direct deposit, then you should see your return far sooner (within a week). E-filing splits the difference, providing you with your return after two to three weeks. If you want to check your federal refund, then click here.
- December 10: All employees who work for tips should report their earnings if they received more than $20 in tips during the previous month.
- December 15: Employers should report Social Security, Medicare, and withheld income tax, as well as non-payroll withholding. Corporations should pay the fourth installment of their estimated income tax for the year.
- Tax Due Dates: Please note the following tax due dates on your calendar, and come back often to keep up with the changes.
- Tax Forms & Publications: Quickly view and print any IRS tax form or publication. Saves a trip to the post office.
- Record Retention Guide: Use this guide to determine how long you need to keep your tax and other financial records.
- State Tax forms: Quickly print the tax forms you need from any state in the country.
Solving Your Accounting Problems
If you need help from a CPA, then consider working with me. I’m prepared to assist with payroll services, bookkeeping, and much more. Call (970) 344-5523 or contact me through the contact form.